Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Health Tip Tuesday: Water

Drink more water!

Simple, pure, refreshing water.

Our body is approximately 60% water (that's over half people) so we need to be replenishing ourselves - clearing out toxins, lubricating our joints/organs, etc. The list could go on and on for the health benefits of water and I don't want to bore you so I'll make it simple: water is ESSENTIAL and there is NO substitute for it.

By substitute, I mean this: 

or this:

or any of this:

and even this (not even the diet kind, believe me you 
aren't doing your body any favours by drinking diet):

You aren't going to go wrong when you drink water - pure water. 

If for some crazy reason you think water is bland and tasteless (you will learn to love it if you cut out 100% of all other drinks), you can add fruit or veggie slices to your water. This will give the water a touch of flavour  without the added sugar and other nasty things that are in beverages these days.

There are some drinks, of course, that have definite benefits. An example is tea. I drink a large cup of green, honey-lemon-ginseng-tea in the morning. I used to really love coffee but after being told that maybe my body isn't responding to it well and I should try switching to green tea, I have lost that tummy pooch and haven't had an afternoon sugar low. So be careful with coffee, apparently lots of people don't handle it well and don't even know it. Listen to your body!


So maybe you are someone that doesn't drink any pure water in a day. Then I suggest switching one of your other beverages to water each day until you are mostly drinking water. Maybe you are someone that doesn't drink much water or drink much of anything else either, then I suggest you adopt the water bottle as your new accessory. Carry it everywhere with you and take little sips every few minutes.
Personally, I love a stainless steel water bottle. They seem to keep the water cold longer.

So what do ya say? Join me in the H20 revolution!

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog post - well said! Now, I need to do as you say - as you know, I don't drink enough water. I do love my tea! I did buy a new stainless steel water bottle though, now I need to learn to take it with me wherever I go! I'll count on you to keep me on track! Thanks for the good advice!
    P.S. There's a search tag that shows up in the middle of your blog sometimes that blocks some of the post....is it just my computer?
    Love ya,
    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that search box is part of the template design and it doesn't align properly for some reason. Lane found the code in the html for it and just deleted it so now it's gone. :)

    ReplyDelete