Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Health Challenge

My mother-in-law came for almost a week and it was super great to have her here. Post and pics of that to come....
Something she said has stayed with me however. Or rather it's something she's done. She's cut out all sugar, coffee (she is mostly a tea drinker anyways), and most of her breads and dairy. It's been a few months of this now and she's noticed huge differences that she didn't even expect.
1. She had some numbness in her arms at times. This has completely subsided.
2. She's lost excess weight in areas she didn't except (back, thighs etc).
3. She sleeps way better!




I'm pretty sure we can all agree that we know enough to say that sugar isn't great for us, but do we really understand the consequences when we see dramatic changes like these just from simply cutting it out.
Just like any habit we may have, the first week is the hardest, and my mother in law can definitely vouch for that. She said it was so hard to consciously not reach for candy, chocolate, bread, or even coffee (which is always best with sugar in it). After that first week, she felt her cravings subside and the improvements began....


Because I'm pregnant right now, I would like to start out small. My addiction is coffee, especially when I'm pregnant. But I have cut it out before and noticed tremendous changes to my body right away. So this is my challenge, make it through 7 days without coffee because I know after 7 days the craving for it will be much more acute making it easier to keep drinking green tea.

This is my go to favourite green tea.


I found this little piece about green tea that made me turn the kettle on. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/foods-for-healthy-skin-3 


Join me and start your own health challenge this week. Do you need to drink more water? Cut back on sugar? Cut out coffee? Eat more veggies? Cut back on bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment