Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Circle Farm Tour

When my mother in law was out to visit over Easter, we decided to go on the Abbotsford Circle Farm Tour 
This is something that Lane and I have always known about but have never actually done.

Essentially the Circle Farm Tour is a self-guided tour through different towns in the Fraser Valley. It takes you to local farms, markets, and other neat little shops. It's a great way to meet with local farmers and to discover what is in your own little town!

We had the best day ever discovering new little farms and re-enjoying the places we've already been (Birchwood Dairy's, Clayburn Candy Store etc).

 Discovering some animals. By the end of the day, Wren had lots of new animal sounds down.


Next stop- Birchwood Dairy's where we enjoyed some delicious ice cream and ran in the sunshine.

We went to Brambles for lunch (by the way, if you live in the area, has the best food ever). And yes we had ice cream from Birchwood Dairy's as our starter.


Brambles Bistro is located within a nursery so we took a yonder around the place after our bellies were full.

 
This place was a little bee farm (or a shop rather) filled with honey good including Meed, honey sweetened chocolate, 100's of flavours of honey etc.

Old Clayburn Store was our last stop for the day. It has the rarest of candies and treats there (including these 'funny' sodas above). Kind of makes you feel like a little kid again when you walk in there. Was the perfect end to our perfect day.
Wren approved of her watermelon lollipop.


***

I realized after uploading these photos that there were zero pictures of me and very few of Lane or Terry. I definitely need to get better at organizing my photo taking so I can re-create the event more thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures!! You got the most important person anyway! I don't think I got any pictures either, I am so bad at that! Thanks for posting these! It was a super fun day and was a perfect start to the rest of the week hearing Wren make all the animal sounds. I think the pig was her favorite!
    Miss You!!

    ReplyDelete